About Me

I'm Ed Hung,a university student,major in Economics.An enthusiast for baseball.Mainly watching Major League Baseball.routinely watch philadelphia Phillies and New York Yankees. My favorite player is Johan Santana,who is a great left-handed pitcher.However,every time I was asked who my idol is,I answered,Santana,they always thought my idol was Santana, a popular singer.Maybe Johan is not famous in Taiwan,but for Venezuela,he is just like Chien-Ming Wang!

santana

santana

Monday, March 28, 2011

Talk About Johan Santana

Here let's talk about the story of Johan Santana:

Johan Santana was signed by the Houston Astros as an amateur free agent in1995.Later in 1999, he was drafted by Florida Marlins in rule 5 draft (to explain it briefly: recycle can. We can talk about this as long as somebody is interested in this.), and at the same date, he was traded to Minnesota Twins for Jared Camp. In 2000, he made it to the Big league, but he didn't have a good year. His real broke through year was 2003, when he went 8 wins and 6 loses with 2.99 ERA and 108.1 innings pitched.Since2003, he has become a good pitcher. He won the CY Young award (For the best pitcher that year.) in 2004 season. In 2006 season, he won the Cy Young award again, this time, beating the New York Yankees' best pitcher, Chien-Ming Wang.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, did you do a research on him? Or you must like this player very much!! There are so many details!! Well, I am so sorry that I have no idea about baseball at all, but I can feel your passion about it!! I have tried very hard, but still, I have never got what the rule is about...maybe one day I can get it...ha ha

    ReplyDelete