About Me

I'm Ed Hung,a university student,major in Economics.An enthusiast for baseball.Mainly watching Major League Baseball.routinely watch philadelphia Phillies and New York Yankees. My favorite player is Johan Santana,who is a great left-handed pitcher.However,every time I was asked who my idol is,I answered,Santana,they always thought my idol was Santana, a popular singer.Maybe Johan is not famous in Taiwan,but for Venezuela,he is just like Chien-Ming Wang!

santana

santana

Monday, April 11, 2011

Manny Retires.....

People in Taiwan who loves baseball and Chien-Ming Wang may find it really hard to accept the fact that Manny Ramirez is retiring. Manny Ramirez, being named as Wang's killer by Taiwan's media for his ability to hit Wang well, announced his retirement after being involved in a drug program again this year.Instead of facing a 100-game suspension,he decided to call it a career.He was once thought of one of the baseball's best right-handed hitter----in all-time scale.He is well known for his clutch hitting ability.



Here is some of his great moments.The most important part of these videos is not how far the ball traveled,but his action after his hit the ball. Watch how confident he was.

2009 Postseason NLCS Game 1

Really amazing and dramatic home run.

2007 ALDS with Red Sox

This one is a bit older, but still really exciting.

1 comment:

  1. I know nothing about baseball as it’s not popular in my grown up country, Malaysia. Though sometimes I can watch live on ESPN, but I really can’t get the exciting feeling you got in baseball. However, Malaysia is famous of badminton. My family will always watch tournament together. Sometimes, my grandpa will stay up late to watch final. And in our neighborhood, there’re “Mamak stall”, which are Malay food stall, crowded with all races people to watch badminton tournament to support our country player. That should be the enthusiasm of Taiwanese while watching no. 40 in Yankees before, I guess…

    ReplyDelete